Finding Balance While Caregiving - A Four Part Webinar Series
For more than two decades Comfort Keepers® has been striving to fulfill our mission to provide uplifting care that elevates the spirits for seniors and their families. We understand that while caring for an aging loved one can be rewarding, it can also be difficult at times. We want to make your experience as smooth as possible - that’s why we are hosting a series of webinars for caregivers to provide resources, caregiving tips and answer frequently asked questions.
For our webinar series, we are proud to partner with Sherri Snelling, corporate gerontologist, author and founder/CEO of the Caregiving Club. Her expertise is in caregiver wellness, Alzheimer’s and brain health and aging in place wellness home design.
There’s No Place Like Home – The Virtual Home Safety &Wellness Design Makeover Tour
May 17, 2022 at 4pm PT
Webinar description: Statistics show that 89% of older adults in the U.S. want to stay in their own homes for as long as possible. But did you know? 1 out of 3 of those homes don’t meet the needs of older people. Family caregivers often worry about risks like falls or fires in homes, feelings of isolation, and overall safety, but don’t always know how to prevent it.
In this webinar, we will provide a room-by-room tour of what needs to change inside and outside of the house using universal design and CAPS (Certified Aging in Place) planning guides. We will also discuss wellness design and how it can help people live happier and healthier in their lifelong homes.
Learn all about:
- How you can adopt a Lifetime Home Maintenance Plan for modifications to be done every 5 years after age 50
- Trends in paints, lighting, colors, appliances, and smart home technology for safety and mental wellbeing
- How to design safe homes for those with dementia and Alzheimer’s
- How to keep clients homes “clean and green”
Home for the Holidays - How to Have the C-A-R-E Conversation℠ Webinar
November 30, 2021 at 4pm PT
Webinar Description: One of the most difficult tasks as a family caregiver is how to start the conversation with an older loved one about their future care. Where and how do you begin? When do you have this conversation? How do you find out about their future care plans? What questions should you ask? And how do both family and paid caregivers develop empathy for the challenges older adults face while maintaining boundaries, emotional wellness and balance in their life? As families gather for the holidays, Sherri will take caregivers through her tips, techniques and checklists called the C-A-R-E Conversations.
Learn all about:
- Communication techniques on how to approach delicate conversations but achieve answers and results
- How to use emotional intelligence in difficult situations
- How to understand personalities and family dynamics – why words matter and how to deal with sibling issues or blended families’ conflict
Caregiver Juggling Act: How to Practice Self-Care Through the 7 Ways to Wellness
January 20, 2022 at 4pm PT
Webinar description: More than 53 million Americans are caring for an older loved one – a group that now spans five generations (Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, Baby Boomers and Silent Generation). It’s a challenging juggling act between work and family life and the ball that gets dropped is the one that says “Me.” Caregivers want to practice more self-care but adopting a wellness plan that not only works but is sustainable is no small feat. Sherri has the answers presenting the best evidenced-based practices from leading psychological and behavioral health science to create healthier habits in just minutes over seven days in seven aspects of life: Physical, Environmental, Social, Intellectual, Financial, Emotional and Spiritual. By finding balance every week, caregivers can live longer, healthier and happier lives.
Learn all about:
- Why the science of sleep, laughter, gratitude, mindfulness and more will help combat stress, burnout, anxiety, depression and build resiliency and ultimately happiness and health
- How using behavioral science to develop easy, tiny habits to achieve goals is the key to success, self-empowerment and a sustainable wellness plan
Alzheimer's Caregiving: What to Know About Dementia and Brain Health
March 15, 2022 at 4pm PT
Webinar description: Comfort Keepers is proud to partner with Gerontologist Sherri Snelling to review the early signs, progressive stages as well as the caregiving challenges of Alzheimer’s disease. She will also share helpful tips and advice for family caregivers about understanding their own risk factors, possible prevention of dementia, balancing their own health and well needs and brain health for all ages.
Sherri was honored as the #4 Most Influential Person Online about Alzheimer’s disease (AD) by Sharecare, the health expert site created by Dr. Oz, and has served as an advisor to the Alzheimer’s Association and UsAgainstAlzheimer’s organizations.
Learn all about:
- The difference between dementia and Alzheimer’s and the three stages of the disease progression
- A virtual tour of the brain and neuroscience to understand how the disease affects not just memory but personality and behavioral changes and how to manage those changes as a caregiver
- Early warning signs of Alzheimer’s and scientifically supported brain health initiatives for ages 20-80